fall

Travel day 35:

This morning woke up with a terrible pain in my back, it seams each day becomes more of a task for my body. I fear I will not make it to The Emperor’s Palace to sell my tea bricks.  For I know nun who have, I have only heard stories of the great men who have made it through the most dangerous road in the world.  It is so strenuous to walk along the rugged terrain with such a heavy pack. I cannot even fathom how rough it this must be for the horses to carry even more than what I carry.

After a long hard morning of packing up my gear in the cold mist, I set off to climb the mountains. As I journeyed I would count the towering mountain peaks as far as I could see this is my way of passing time on my long travel. The tall treeless mountains that  remind me of my old grandfather’s bald head have now become my only companion for I travel alone. The aching in my feet is a pain beyond comprehension just almost as if my feet are being sanded away by the rough rocks and stones below them.

As I walked along what are the  long steep switchbacks, I lost my footing on a large rock that I thought would be securely fastened to the earth but was not. As I tumbled down the mountain I could feel the rocks bruising and batterning my arms and legs. I came to a stop at the end of the switchback, I was very lucky that I didn’t fall off the cliff that was 4 feet ahead of me if this had happened it would be the end of my journey and I would not be able to take the tea bricks that I had spent so long to create to sell at the chinese market . That fall was the end of my traves for the day I was able to create a small fire and build my yurt to settle down for the night. that morning though my body was battered I felt refreshed and ready for a new day’s journey.